To install a new French Drain, this process involves the following:
- Excavating the home’s perimeter to reach the foundation’s footing
- Pressure washing the foundation
- Filling cracks with polyurethane, if necessary
- Installing a gasket (yellow jacket) between the foundation and the footing
- Applying a waterproofing membrane to the foundation and formwork
To achieve optimal drainage, we can either install two 4-inch drains or a single 6-inch drain at the base of the foundation’s footing. Next, we backfill the drain with 2 to 3 feet of 3/4 in. crushed stone and cover the site with a geotextile membrane. Finally, we use compacting sand to level the ground and create a two-metre slope around the worksite.
Our drainage work is covered by a 15-year guarantee that’s transferrable to new owners in the event of the property’s sale.